Adjoint-based optimisation of industrial and unsteady flows
Welcome to the AboutFlow Project Website
|Sensitivity of drag with respect to surface deformation.
Red: push in, blue: pull out to reduce drag.
Image courtesy of Volkswagen AG
About Flow is an Initial Training Network (ITN) funded by the European Commission running from November 2012 to October 2016. About Flow develops robust gradient-based optimisation methods using adjoint sensitivities for numerical optimisation of flows:
- robust adjoint solvers with full 2nd Order accuracy and broad range of modelling capability
- seamless integration of adjoint gradients into design chains
- steady-state approaches with robust convergence, application of unsteady adjoints in industrial design.
- Berlin, Rolls Royce Deutschland, Feb 2015 Adjoint based optimisation in turbo-machinery design. Internal speakers from RR.
Institute of Aeronautics and Applied Mechanics, Warsaw University of Technology, June 2015 , Mesh generation and adaptation, including practical hands on sessions. Speakers from WUT, QMUL.
- Aachen, RWTH, September 1-5, 2014: Midterm Review Meeting and Training on High-performance computing, parallelisation, GPU computing
- Queen Mary University of London, London, 8-12 September 2014: Training in Public Engagement.
- Transferable skills Training at QMUL, Sep 2013 - vide
The Educational team from Imperial War Museum Duxford on the photo-Chris Jefferson, Learning Officer, IWM Duxford on Public engagement with the wider audience- Learning with school children